This position is responsible for all welding applications for our products. Work on various metal type and specified electrodes. Handle and position work with or without fixtures. Perform a broad range of operation and instruct lower grade welders as needed.
- Change over, adjust and operate machine to weld a variety of parts including Mig, Tig, or resistance welds.
- Check product against sample using various gages, micrometers, calipers, etc. as denoted on work instruction.
- Perform routine maintenance on all assigned equipment and machinery.
- Ability to speak, read and communicate in English.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Basic shop math understanding.
- Ability to use a variety of moving equipment including hoists, forklifts, pallet trucks, etc.
- Proficient spot, arc and combination welder.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Welding classes and/or technical training.
- Certified Forklift Driver.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Visual and auditory acuity to perform essential functions of the position.
- Consistently reposition self to maintain productivity levels of work assignment.
- Ability to remain stationary as well as move about the facility to accomplish tasks.
- Sufficient manual dexterity for operation of power tools, equipment.
- Ability to frequently exert physical force to push, pull, lift or carry 70lbs.
- Occasionally ascend or descend ladders.
- Ability to meet the physical, mental and environment demands of the job.