The Field Service Technician is responsible for customer-site installation and service work, helping with setup and tear downs at trade shows and assisting with R&D product development.
- Review and understand work orders, performance specifications, wiring diagrams and schematics to determine testing procedure and equipment to be used.
- Respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service, respond to requests for service and assistance; meet deadlines and commitments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues.
- Confer with engineers, technicians, production personnel and others regarding root cause analysis, testing procedures and problem resolution.
- Assist with Mathews Company annual Service School as directed by Supervisor.
- Keep work area/vehicle clean and orderly.
- Maintain company provided tools in truck inventory.
- Complete all paperwork and computer file work associated with position.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety and attendance requirements.
- Make travel arrangements for in-field service work (extensive traveling in the fall season).
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience as a service technician
- Licensed electrician preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to climb up and down ladders
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Job Type: Service, Technician
- Education: High School diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: 2-4 years
- Industry: Ag Products, Manufacturing
- Required Travel: Extensive in the fall season