Provide engineering support by developing and maintaining electrical schematics and component drawings for electrical control systems. Assist with product troubleshooting and provide service/support to production, field personnel, dealers, and customers as needed.
- Create and maintain electrical schematics via AutoCAD Electrical and CAD data management software.
- Design electrical cabinet component layouts in AutoDesk Inventor software.
- Create and maintain accurate bills of materials.
- Aid in the production of engineering packages for built-to-order machinery.
- Establish requirements of electrical components and associated systems by establishing purchased component specifications.
- Support R&D projects by assisting with assembly and testing of newly developed control systems.
- Maintain, modify, and update Bill of Material information, including item master descriptions.
- Occasionally provide field support for electrical control systems by traveling to customer site as required, and provide technical support via phone.
- Complete all assigned project work as assigned by supervisor.
- Keep work area neat and orderly.
- Receive, understand and follow all written and oral instruction.
- Communicate all concerns and other work related issues to supervisor.
- Resolve day-to-day issues by working effectively with others.
- Complete all paperwork and computer file work associated with position.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety and attendance requirements.
- Participate in activities to increase personal skill level, overall departmental processes, and product quality.
- Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by supervisor.
Computer software applications including AutoCAD Electrical, Autodesk Inventor, Word, Excel, Outlook and different ERP systems.
- Ability to create and maintain electrical schematics.
- Ability to create and maintain electrical component panel assemblies and drawings.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.